Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Too early for Christmas joy?



I woke up this morning with the biggest grin on my face! I was thinking to my self, would it be crazy to start putting up Christmas decorations and listen to Christmas music mid November? I don't know about you guys but December is my favorite month of the year. Not only is my birthday December 27th but my favorite holiday is in December too...thats right Christmas! 

I know that some people find it super annoying when stores put up Holiday decor and start playing Christmas music as soon as the Jacko lanterns come down, at least they do here in Canada. I think the States has it figured out when it comes to the order of holidays. They have Halloween just like everyone else on the 31st of October, followed by Thanks giving in November and then giving December its own time to shine and be special. 

Here in Canada we don't have anything other than Movember in November. So I get restless and impatient because I cant wait for November to be over. 
So my question is... Is it to early to start putting up Christmas lights and holiday decor? Is it to early to start drinking eggnog lattes? Is it too early for Christmas movies? Who knows... I have mixed feelings about it. But the truth be told, I just cant wait for December! Heres one of my FAVORITE Hot Chocolate recipes!  Stay tuned!


INGREDIENTS 
  • 8 Cups of 2% or whole milk
  • 3/4 Cup of packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 Cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 Teaspoon of ground nutmeg
  • 3 Ounces of semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 12 Candy canes
  • 3/4 Cup of miniature marshmallows 



PREPARATION 

Combine milk, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, nutmeg, and semisweet chocolate in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Cook for 25 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally. Serve with candy canes and marshmallows. You could also garnish with a whole nutmeg, if desired. 



XOXO Dario

No comments:

Post a Comment